I love words. I love new words. Neologisms tickle my fancy, float my boat and make me laugh and sing. Frankenwords, portmanteaus, newspeak. doublespeak, buzzwords, nadsat. I heart you all. Here’s my top 5 for this week:
1. Ambient Calculus – a form notation used to describe and theorise about mobile systems. (via Wikipedia)
2. Nodishness – nodishness is about the boundary between the personal and the collective. (via headmap)
3. Portmanteau / frankenword – a word that is formed by combining two or more words. (okay, not strictly a neologism, but new for me – again via Wikipedia)
4. MoSoSo – acronym for Mobile Social Software. (via Wired Magazine)
5. Relationship – When two people decide to fall in love, usually resulting in lots of stuff for the woman, loss of bank account for the man. It could also end up in marriage.